- Promotes an understanding of the origins, aims and goals of the Archdiocese as
reflected in the work of the agencies, parishes and institutions, by preserving
their documentary heritage.
Records Management Program
- Applies measures and provides consultation to systematically control the
management of records created or acquired by archdiocesan offices, agencies and
- Assists archdiocesan offices and agencies in achieving economy and efficiency in the creation,
maintenance and disposition of records.
Parish Sacramental Records Microfilming
- A cyclical microfilm program mandated by the
Office of the Chancellor of Spiritual Affairs was designed and implemented in 1993.
- The Sacramental Registers, including baptisms, marriages, confirmations, first
communions and deaths of every parish in the Archdiocese of Toronto are microfilmed
within a 5-year time period called a cycle.
- It takes one week per month (Monday-Friday), called a microfilm run, to execute
the project's procedures.
- With about 220 parishes in the Archdiocese of Toronto, 4 or 5 parishes are
processed per run in order to complete microfilming within one 5-year cycle.
- For information on searching Sacramental Records please see our Services and
AF.97 Detail of a portable Crozier
(unidentified as to Bishop)
HOME - PROGRAMS - SERVICES - HISTORY - GENEALOGY - LINKS - CONTACT US
Copyright © 2005 Archives of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Toronto
Archdiocese of Toronto