Our Parish Goal: $4,000,000
After seventy-five years of serving our family of faith, the church building requires a significant investment in infrastructure and accessibility upgrades. In 2012, a feasibility study was conducted to identify parishioner support for proposed changes that would strengthen and enhance our parish. Through these conversations and after prayerful consideration, Father Nino and the Building Committee finalized an exciting plan to improve our facilities.
These important renovations and enhancements will preserve our beautiful church and serve to proactively address our needs for the future. Many of these changes are necessary to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), which set accessibility standards to be realized within the next ten years. Now, we have embarked on our own capital campaign to restore and renew our church.
Our plan is twofold: to restore elements in our existing building and to renew building areas to fulfill future needs. We are blessed by the generosity of those before us who have provided us with our beautiful church. However, some areas now require significant renovations to ensure all of our current and future parishioners can fully celebrate the Gospel of our Lord. As we look forward to witnessing our parish's next seventy-five years, we see opportunity for enhancements that will ensure safety and accessibility for all of our parishioners. These projects will have a long-term impact for future generations.
• Rewire electrical system throughout entire building
• Update fire safety system
• Improve air exchange in church
• Address building enclosure (roof, foundation, doors and windows)
• Remove existing non-compliant stairway from north foyer
• Replace carpet in sanctuary with suitable flooring
• Repair and clean the organ
Accessibility and Mobility
• Replace lift with full-size elevator
• Create an accessible entranceway at Cliveden South to improve interior access to church and hall
• Create improved exterior access to Hall from Cliveden North
• Comply with AODA building requirements
• Improve lighting throughout the building
• Improve audiovisual system
Parish Life Space
• Update hall and meeting rooms for better usage
• Add storage to hall and meeting rooms