Annual Mass for the Faithful Departed
After two years of COVID-19 restrictions, Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services of the Archdiocese of Toronto is once again celebrating the Annual Mass for the Faithful Departed in-person. Taking place on Wednesday, August 17 at 7 p.m., Masses throughout Greater Toronto Area and Barrie will be held for the souls of the deceased buried at our Catholic cemeteries.
Cemetery locations and celebrants for this year’s annual mass are as follows:
- Assumption Cemetery, Mississauga / Most Rev. Ivan Camilleri
- Christ the King Cemetery, Markham / Most Rev. Robert Kasun
- Holy Cross Cemetery, Thornhill / His Eminence Thomas Cardinal Collins
- Mount Hope Cemetery, Toronto / Rev. Msgr. Paul Zimmer
- Queen of Heaven Cemetery, Woodbridge / Rev. Msgr. John Borean
- Resurrection Cemetery, Whitby / Most Rev. Vincent Nguyen
- St. Mary’s Cemetery, Barrie / Most Rev. John A. Boissonneau
In the event of rain, masses will be held in:
- Our Lady of Fatima Mausoleum at Assumption Cemetery
- Holy Family Mausoleum at Holy Cross Cemetery
- St. Anthony’s Mausoleum at Queen of Heaven Cemetery
- Our Lady of the Assumption Mausoleum at Resurrection Cemetery
- Christ the King Cemetery will celebrate Mass in the Reception Centre at the cemetery office
- Mount Hope Cemetery will celebrate Mass at St. Monica’s Parish, 44 Broadway Ave. Toronto
- St. Mary’s Cemetery will celebrate Mass at St. Mary’s Parish, 65 Amelia Street in Barrie.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/CCFSAnnualMass.